Michael Gelb is the world’s leading authority on the application of genius thinking to personal and organizational development. He is a pioneer in the fields of creative thinking, innovative leadership, and executive coaching with clients that include DuPont, Emerson, Genentech, Merck, Microsoft, Nike, and YPO. Among his many accomplishments, Michael was honored as Brain of the Year in 1999 by The Brain Trust Charity, joining the ranks of Stephen Hawking, Garry Kasparov, and Edward de Bono.
Michael is the author of 17 books, including How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci, Discover Your Genius, The Art of Connection, and Innovate Like Edison. His books have been translated into 25 languages and have sold more than 1 million copies. His most recent releases include The Healing Organization, co-authored by Professor Raj Sisodia, and Mastering the Art of Public Speaking.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Michael Gelb’s background as a wrestler in high school and what he learned from the experience
- How Michael became a professional juggler and how he uses that to teach others about business principles
- How coaching helps build people’s confidence and how Michael helps others through the process of learning
- Michael talks about rewiring the brain and the application of neuroscience and neuroplasticity in people’s lives
- How Michael helps leaders become more self-aware
- Michael’s thoughts on the current state of affairs in the world
- Michael’s reasons for writing his new book, The Healing Organization: Awakening the Conscience of Business to Help Save the World
- The concept of masculine and feminine qualities of leadership
In this episode…
Did you know that taking the time to teach others what you have learned helps you learn more and have an open mind? Did you also know that no matter how accomplished you are, there will always be something you can learn from others?
Helping others improve their leadership skills is a great way to build their confidence. This is what coaching does: it helps people learn how to overcome their mistakes and challenges, learn to be creative, and discover how to become successful in a systematic manner. Coaching also helps create more self-aware and transformative leaders. At least, according to Michael Gelb, who’s learned from interacting with many great and accomplished leaders. So what are these approaches that can help leaders become more creative and successful?
In this episode of Next Wave Leadership Podcast, Michael Gelb, an author, speaker, and consultant, sits down with Dov Pollack to discuss the evolution of consciousness and executive coaching. Listen in as Michael explains why he wrote some of his books, how he helps leaders become more self-aware, and what he thinks about feminine and masculine leadership qualities.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Michael Gelb’s website
- Michael Gelb on LinkedIn
- Dov Pollack on LinkedIn
- Next Wave Leadership
- Dov’s email: email@example.com
- How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci: Seven Steps to Genius Every Day by Michael Gelb
- Discover Your Genius: How to Think Like History’s Ten Most Revolutionary Minds by Michael Gelb
- The Art of Connection: 7 Relationship-Building Skills Every Leader Needs Now by Michael Gelb
- Innovate Like Edison: The Five-Step System for Breakthrough Business Success by Michael Gelb and Sarah Miller Caldicott
- The Healing Organization: Awakening the Conscience of Business to Help Save the World by Michael Gelb and Raj Sisodia
- Mastering the Art of Public Speaking: 8 Secrets to Transform Fear and Supercharge Your Career by Michael Gelb
- “On Redefining the Role of Business in Society” with Raj Sisodia
- The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of The Learning Organization by Peter M. Senge
- Tony Buzan
- Firms of Endearment: How World-Class Companies Profit from Passion and Purpose by Raj Sisodia, David B. Wolfe, and Jagdish N. Sheth
- The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith
- The Theory of Moral Sentiments by Adam Smith
- Shakti Leadership: Embracing Feminine and Masculine Power in Business by Raj Sisodia and Nilima Bhat
- “How Power is Something That Must Be Earned” with Nilima Bhat
Sponsor for this episode…
If you are a leader who is looking to differentiate your voice, own your story, and choose your path with purpose. Next Wave Leadership can help you get the results you want and need.