Dave Stangis is the Founder and CEO of 21C Impact, an advisory services company for the 21st century. He currently advises leading companies on Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) technology as well as reputation and resiliency strategies. Before 21C Impact, he served as the Chief Sustainability Officer and Vice President of Public Affairs & Corporate Responsibility at Campbell Soup Company.
In the past 20 years, Dave has led two Fortune 500 corporations, Intel and Campbell Soup Company, from a standing start to clear and consistent world-class leadership in ESG, CSR, and sustainability. Dave has also served on the boards of many nonprofit organizations and two public benefit corporations. In 2008 and 2013, Dave was recognized by Ethisphere Magazine as one of the 100 Most Influential People in Business Ethics.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Dave Stangis, the Founder and CEO of 21C Impact, discusses what it means to be named a trustworthy business leader
- What is ESG?
- The work cultures that Dave has encountered while working for different companies
- Dave’s philosophy around management
- The evolution of sustainability departments
- How do you build accountability in a matrix organization?
- Dave talks about his childhood and how his parents influenced his approach to leadership
- Dave shares his greatest superpower
- The inspirational leaders that Dave has worked with
In this episode…
Where is the value in a company aside from their income statement?
More and more, organizations are shifting their focus from increasing their profits to developing their people. Part of this process involves constructing work cultures that are accountable, engaging, and growth-focused. Dave Stangis, the Founder and CEO of 21C Impact, believes that the companies he works with are “designing in failures”—meaning that they plan for mistakes—to learn, improve, and become the best companies that they can be.
Today, Dave shares his experience working at two Fortune 500 companies and the differences in culture that he encountered. He also discusses what a leader needs to do for the people that they’re managing, challenges that Dave has faced throughout his career, and how he has overcome them.
Join Dave Stangis, the Founder and CEO of 21C Impact, and Dov Pollack in this episode of the Next Wave Leadership Podcast. Dave discusses how he built out the culture at the different companies he’s worked for. He also talks about the important quality that leaders should possess, explains how he motivates his employees, and shares his hopes for the future.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Dave Stangis on LinkedIn
- 21st Century Corporate Citizenship: A Practical Guide to Delivering Value to Society and Your Business by Dave Stangis and Katherine Valvoda Smith
- The Executive’s Guide to 21st Century Corporate Citizenship: How Your Company Can Win the Battle for Reputation and Impact by Dave Stangis and Katherine Valvoda Smith
- Peter Lupoff on LinkedIn
- Net Impact
- High Output Management by Andrew S. Grove
- Dov Pollack on LinkedIn
- Next Wave Leadership
- Dov’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Next Wave Leadership.
Founded by Dov Pollack, Next Wave Leadership is an executive coaching firm focused on helping CEOs, executives and emerging leaders overcome their limiting beliefs which is an essential part of creating a growth mindset culture.
If you are looking to grow as a leader and create a vibrant and innovative culture in your organization, Next Wave Leadership can help you get the results you want and need.