Dr. Michael Nurok is the Director of the Cardiac Surgery Intensive Care Unit at Cedars-Sinai and practices clinically as an intensivist and cardiothoracic anesthesiologist. Previously, he served as faculty at the Department of Global Health and Social Medicine at Harvard, and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Dr. Nurok also created a dedicated orthopedic intensive care unit at the Hospital for Special Surgery and served as its first director.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Dr. Michael Nurok, the Director of the Cardiac Surgery Intensive Care Unit at Cedars-Sinai, discusses how his background in sociology has impacted his current role
- The ways that the U.S. healthcare system is changing, especially in response to COVID-19
- Aligning an organization’s mission around the customers’ needs
- How do you get everyone in your organization on board with the same mission?
- The role of a patient in the healthcare system
- How does a leader create a culture where everyone feels engaged and valued?
In this episode…
An organization has to align its mission with the needs of their customers. Dr. Michael Nurok, the Director of the Cardiac Surgery Intensive Care Unit at Cedars-Sinai, believes that creating a culture of organizational purpose where everyone works towards a shared mission is the key to reaching success.
Dr. Nurok shares his journey to becoming a leader in healthcare and how he develops a work environment where everyone is focused on a common goal. You’ll also hear about the ways that inclusivity and diversity are playing a role in medicine and how medicine’s traditional hierarchy is shifting. Additionally, Dr. Nurok talks about the problems that have been exposed and the opportunities that have been presented due to COVID-19.
Join Dr. Michael Nurok, the Director of the Cardiac Surgery Intensive Care Unit at Cedars-Sinai, and Dov Pollack in this episode of the Next Wave Leadership Podcast. Dr. Nurok shares his leadership experience in medicine and his efforts to optimize the healthcare system. He also discusses the importance of teamwork in a healthcare setting, the greatest ability for a leader to possess, and his hopes for the future of healthcare.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Dr. Michael Nurok on LinkedIn
- Dr. Vivek Moitra on LinkedIn
- Dov Pollack on LinkedIn
- Next Wave Leadership
- Dov’s email: email@example.com
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Next Wave Leadership.
Founded by Dov Pollack, Next Wave Leadership is an executive coaching firm focused on helping CEOs, executives and emerging leaders overcome their limiting beliefs which is an essential part of creating a growth mindset culture.
If you are looking to grow as a leader and create a vibrant and innovative culture in your organization, Next Wave Leadership can help you get the results you want and need.