Avital Ungar is the Founder and Owner of Avital Tours, a company that is dedicated to providing story-driven culinary experiences. While living in Paris and the quaint town of Aix-en-Provence in Southern France, she became serious about the finer points in life and is now a certified sommelier (with a little help from Wine for Dummies, naturally).
While attending UCLA, Avital studied Art History, French, and Mandarin Chinese. After living in Shanghai and working in the Chinese contemporary art market, she returned to her hometown of San Francisco and decided to pursue her interest in art and food professionally.
Avital has served as a judge at the 2011 International Chocolate Salon, The Best of West Rib Competition, and The Good Food Awards. She has also appeared in Travel + Leisure, CNN, and the Travel Channel.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Avital Ungar, the Founder and Owner of Avital Tours, talks about her upbringing in the Bay Area and how food influenced her career path
- What is an experimental mindset?
- How Avital built the culture of her company
- How do you imbue core values into all parts of your company?
- The framework that Avital’s company uses to make decisions
- Avital shares her approach to feedback
- How Avital’s company pivoted during the COVID-19 pandemic
- What is the OODA loop?
- Avital talks about her experience as a member of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization
- Implementing a growth-focused culture within your company
In this episode…
Making mistakes is an inevitable part of life. Avital Ungar, the Founder and Owner of Avital Tours, believes that we’re never going to get it right the first time— and that’s fine. For her, experiencing failure is really just an opportunity to improve going forward.
Avital prioritizes having an experimental mindset and the practice of continuous improvement. Today, she shares how her passion for food and her background in art history led her to start a tour company. Additionally, you’ll hear a story about how a perceived failure turned into an incredible learning opportunity.
Join Avital Ungar, the Founder and Owner of Avital Tours, and Dov Pollack in this episode of the Next Wave Leadership Podcast. Avital shares her leadership experience and the challenges that come with being accountable to your company. She talks about working with an all-female leadership team, shares her company’s core values, and explains how she implemented her experimental mindset when her company’s revenue dropped to zero due to COVID-19.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Avital Ungar on LinkedIn
- Avital Tours
- Cory Levenberg on LinkedIn
- 42, Inc.
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization
- Dov Pollack on LinkedIn
- Next Wave Leadership
- Dov’s email: email@example.com
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Next Wave Leadership.
Founded by Dov Pollack, Next Wave Leadership is an executive coaching firm focused on helping CEOs, executives and emerging leaders overcome their limiting beliefs which is an essential part of creating a growth mindset culture.
If you are looking to grow as a leader and create a vibrant and innovative culture in your organization, Next Wave Leadership can help you get the results you want and need.