Melissa Berg is the Director of Inclusion, Culture, and Engagement at Dome Construction, a construction company that creates meaningful environments in the Bay Area. Dome Construction has been one of the top construction businesses in the Bay Area for more than 50 years and has been the contractor of choice for leading companies in healthcare, education, technology, and more.
Melissa has more than 17 years of experience in the construction industry and more than 15 years of expertise in OSHPD Acute Care.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Melissa Berg talks about her role at Dome Construction and the lack of gender equity in the construction industry
- The importance of building trust and embracing empathy as a leader
- How Melissa’s upbringing and early career led to her penchant for construction
- When did Melissa start developing a passion for women’s empowerment in construction?
- The strategies Melissa used to gain the attention and support of her supervisors while fighting for workplace equality
- Some of the mentors that have guided Melissa in her career
- Melissa talks about her experience with self-criticism, imposter syndrome, and more
In this episode…
Do you want to be an inclusion-focused leader? Are you trying to make diversity and equity a top priority for the leaders of your company?
Here’s the deal: if you don’t know what or where the gap is, you can’t bridge it. In other words, leaders have historically developed a pattern of avoidance when it comes to equity and inclusion in the workplace — which only perpetuates the problem. So, how can you and your supervisors learn to engage with the need for inclusion in your company today?
In this episode of Next Wave Leadership, Melissa Berg, the Director of Inclusion, Culture, and Engagement at Dome Construction, sits down with Dov Pollack to share strategies for promoting diversity and equality in your organization. Listen in as Melissa discusses the value of trust and compassion as a leader, her enthusiasm for gender equity in the construction industry, and her tried-and-true methods for helping executives see — and address — inequality in the workplace. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Melissa Berg on LinkedIn
- Dome Construction
- Dov Pollack on LinkedIn
- Next Wave Leadership
- Dov’s email: email@example.com
- Angie Simon on LinkedIn
- “Mary Stutts: On Demystifying the System, Taking Risks, and the Vital Importance of Having Diverse Networks” on Next Wave Leadership
Sponsor for this episode…
If you are a leader who is looking to differentiate your voice, own your story, and choose your path with purpose. Next Wave Leadership can help you get the results you want and need.