Cathy Dixon is the Sr. Director of Global Human Resources at Automation Anywhere, a leading software company that specializes in providing robotic process automation software that helps businesses systematize their processes. In this role, Cathy serves as the HR Business Partner for all international locations and the central point of contact for all management and employees.
Before Automation Anywhere, Cathy worked in HR and Administrative roles for companies like HotChalk, Inc., Silicon Image, Harrah’s Entertainment, and many others. She was also an early employee of Apple in the 1970s and 1980s, where she served as the Manager of Compensation and Benefits.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Cathy Dixon talks about her jarring move from California to Massachusetts as a teenager
- How Cathy jumped into Silicon Valley’s tech industry and got a job at Apple in 1979
- What kind of workplace culture did Steve Jobs cultivate at Apple?
- Why Cathy decided to leave Apple—and what she did for the next 12 years of her career
- Cathy discusses her professional transition from compensation analysis to human resources
- Some of the most inspiring and effective leaders Cathy has worked for over the years
- The fantastic workplace cultures Cathy has built with her long-term professional partner, Nancy Hauge
- Dov and Cathy talk about battling self-doubt and their “inner critics”
In this episode…
Have you ever realized with awe that you are participating in something legendary? Do you ever wonder what it would be like to go back in time and work for one of the giants of the tech industry in the ‘80s and ‘90s? If so, you’re in luck—Cathy Dixon is here to share her experience with you.
Cathy Dixon began her career serendipitously. As a young professional with little experience, Cathy got the opportunity to work for a new tech startup: Apple. Though working as an early employee at Apple might sound dreamy, the reality of Apple’s workplace culture was complicated, to say the least. So, how did Cathy land a job at Apple, navigate its heightening interpersonal complexities, and pave a successful career for herself after leaving Apple in 1987?
In this episode of Next Wave Leadership, Cathy Dixon, Sr. Director of Global Human Resources at Automation Anywhere, sits down with Dov Pollack to talk about her storied career in the tech industry. Listen in as Cathy discusses working as an early employee at Apple, living in Hawaii for 12 years after leaving Silicon Valley, and the work she is doing today with Nancy Hauge to cultivate high-quality workplace cultures everywhere. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Cathy Dixon on LinkedIn
- Automation Anywhere
- Dov Pollack on LinkedIn
- Next Wave Leadership
- Dov’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nancy Householder Hauge on LinkedIn
- Mike Markkula
- Camillo Martino on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode…
If you are a leader who is looking to differentiate your voice, own your story, and choose your path with purpose.
Next Wave Leadership can help you get the results you want and need.