Christine Tao is the Co-founder and CEO of Sounding Board, a Silicon Valley startup that uses tech-enabled leadership coaching to transform how organizations develop their leaders. Christine has worked in leadership roles for multiple esteemed companies over the years, with roles like Senior Vice President of Global Developer Relations at Tapjoy, a member of the Governing Board of Directors for HR West and Next Concept HR Association (NCHRA), and more.
Currently, Christine is an angel investor and advises startups. She’s also a Tory Burch Foundation Fellow, a foundation dedicated to investing in the success of female entrepreneurs.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Christine Tao recalls her first encounters — positive and negative — with leadership
- The liberating lesson that inspired Christine to create Sounding Board: good leaders can be developed
- Christine talks about her transparent and bold leadership style
- Why are less than 3% of VC-backed startups led by women?
- Christine discusses how Sounding Board handles internal coaching
- How to maintain a solid company culture when your business is rapidly scaling
- Christine shares how the COVID-19 pandemic’s increase in virtual relationships has impacted leadership coaching
In this episode…
Do you ever feel inadequate or out-of-place as a leader? Are you looking for the strategies that will help you level up as a boss — and become the fearless leader you’ve always dreamed of being?
Many people believe that good leaders are simply born that way — with perfect charisma, courage, and compassion. However, Christine Tao has a different perspective: good leaders aren’t born; they’re developed. This is great news for leaders all over the globe who feel like they missed the mark in their career, or like they simply don’t measure up to other fantastic leaders. So, if effective leadership can be taught, what are the strategies and lessons that you need to grow and mature as a leader in your company?
In this episode of Next Wave Leadership, Christine Tao, Co-founder and CEO of Sounding Board, sits down with Dov Pollack to discuss the ins and outs of leadership as a Silicon Valley CEO. Listen in as Christine talks about developing her confident leadership style, the shocking lack of female leaders in Silicon Valley, and the secrets to building — and maintaining — a top-notch company culture. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Christine Tao on LinkedIn
- Sounding Board
- Dov Pollack on LinkedIn
- Next Wave Leadership
- Dov’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lori Mazan on LinkedIn
- “Jen Greenwood: On Challenging Tradition and Maintaining Culture, All While Scaling Globally and Buckling up for the Apple Rocketship Ride”
Sponsor for this episode…
If you are a leader who is looking to differentiate your voice, own your story, and choose your path with purpose. Next Wave Leadership can help you get the results you want and need.