Indra Adnan has been writing, consulting, and directing in the future political space for 20 years. She is the Founder and Co-initiator of The Alternative UK platform, which answers the question “If politics is broken, what’s the alternative?” She also works as a Human Givens Psychotherapist to help people resolve the issues that stop them from moving forward.
Indra has written for major UK and US publications, in addition to her own book The Politics of Waking Up. She specializes in subjects such as soft power, the power of attraction, and public diplomacy. She has used her expertise to consult institutions such as the World Economic Forum and NATO.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Indra Adnan explains what The Alternative UK is and what they stand for
- What needs to be changed about the current political landscape?
- Why Indra left the UK and what she learned while she was gone
- What is the soft power network about?
- The effects of Brexit in the UK and how The Alternative UK responded
- How to “wake up” in politics and foster cooperation
- Citizen Action Networks (CANs) and how they’re changing the world
In this episode…
How do we move forward in politics?
Recently, it feels impossible. The binary systems in many Western governments foster both division and frustration. Cooperation is hard to come by, making any real change feel impossible. If there is going to be any improvement in our world, there has to be a shift in how we view each other.
This is at the heart of The Alternative UK: a political platform that asks the question “If politics is broken, what’s the alternative?” Its Founder, Indra Adnan, describes this realization of what needs to change as “waking up.” Her platform has started asking the hard questions and taken the first few steps towards cooperation and growth. But how is she doing it?
Indra Adnan, Founder and Co-initiator of The Alternative UK, speaks with Dov Pollack about her story and how to start changing the current political climate. They discuss what The Alternative UK has done, the current roadblocks in US and UK politics, and how to encourage community. Indra also discusses her journey and what it taught her about the world. Hear it all on this episode of Next Wave Leadership.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Indra Adnan
- Indra Adnan on LinkedIn
- The Politics of Waking Up: Power and possibility in the fractal age by Indra Adnan
- Alternative UK
- The Daily Alternative Blog
- Citizens Action Network
- Jen Greenwood on previous episode of Next Wave Leadership
- Dov Pollack on LinkedIn
- Next Wave Leadership
- Dov’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor for this episode…
If you are a leader who is looking to differentiate your voice, own your story, and choose your path with purpose. Next Wave Leadership can help you get the results you want and need.