Steven L. Ossad is an independent biographer, historian, and retired Wall Street technology analyst who specializes in leadership and operational level command. He is the author of books such as Omar Nelson Bradley: America’s GI General, 1893-1981 and Major General Maurice Rose: WWII’s Greatest Forgotten Commander. He also spent 20 years working at various investment banks as a technology and financial analyst.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Why Steve Ossad wrote a book on Omar Bradley
- What made Omar Bradley such an incredible leader
- The war between Russia and Ukraine and how World War II relates to it
- Operating in both politics and in the military
- Why communication is essential to success in leadership
- The story behind Commander’s Action Groups
- Lessons that Bradley learned from failure
- Learning about the history and future of staff rides
In this episode…
History is crucial if we are ever to learn from our past. More specifically, leaders need to know the mistakes and successes of those who came before them to make the most of their own position. World War II is a popular point of interest for this very reason, highlighting the very best and worst of leadership. Yet not every leader is well remembered.
Omar Nelson Bradley was a GI general in World War II, often overshadowed by Eisenhower. However, his singular and powerful approach to leadership was important to the allies victory. So why is he not as well remembered and what does his legacy say about how to lead?
In this episode of Next Wave Leadership, Dov Pollack speaks with Steve Ossad, a military biographer and the author Of Omar Nelson Bradley America’s GI General, about Omar Bradley and his leadership. They talk about Steve’s background and what led him to write the book. They then dive deep into World War II where they cover Bradley’s work, his accomplishments, and what his decisions say about how best to lead.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Steven L. Ossad
- Steven Ossad on LinkedIn
- Dov Pollack on LinkedIn
- Next Wave Leadership
- Dov’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Major General Maurice Rose: World War II’s Greatest Forgotten Commander by Steven L. Ossad and Don R. Marsh
- Omar Nelson Bradley: America’s GI General, 1893-1981 (American Military Experience) by Steven L. Ossad
Sponsor for this episode…
Founded by Dov Pollack, Next Wave Leadership is an executive coaching firm focused on helping CEOs, executives, and emerging leaders to deepen their executive presence, differentiate their voice, and embrace the plot and promise of their story.