Lori Mazan is the Co-founder, President, and Chief Coaching Officer at Sounding Board, a tech-driven and human-centric leadership development firm. She spent two decades coaching CEOs and executives at both Fortune 100 companies and venture-backed companies. Some of those include Chevron Corporation, Sprint/Nextel, UC Berkeley, and Citibank. Lori’s background also includes leadership training and financial operations.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Lori Mazan’s childhood made her the woman she is today
- Lori’s journey to coaching and California
- Why Lori became a therapist
- Undoing prevalent leadership theories that fail to work
- What is power matching, and how does it work?
- The danger of people management
- Unique challenges and advantages of working with startups
- Lori and Christine Tao’s mission to create impactful leaders
- The difference between coaching men and women
- Being comfortable right where you are in your career
In this episode…
Executive coaching is a valuable tool for many leaders. Bringing on an experienced coach can give outside knowledge and a fresh perspective. However, many professionals fail to live up to their promises. This leads many to be skeptical of the entire profession rather than finding the right person for your team.
Lori Mazan has coached many executives and worked closely with household brands. Her depth of knowledge comes from her own career, working alongside other successful executives, and finding what is best for developing leaders. Her story and expertise now serve to assist others in their journey.
In this episode of Next Wave Leadership, Dov Pollack speaks with Lori Mazan, the Co-Founder, President, and Chief Coaching Officer at Sounding Board, to discuss coaching and businesses. They break down some inefficient leadership theories, what Lori has found to work, and how she helps her clients. They also touch on the differences between startups and large businesses and coaching women in a male-dominated industry.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Sounding Board
- Lori Mazan on LinkedIn
- Dov Pollack on LinkedIn
- Next Wave Leadership
- Dov’s email: [email protected]
- Leadership Revolution: The Future of Developing Dynamic Leaders by Lori Mazan
- Christine Tao: On Her Profound Transformative Experience With a Leadership Coach and Her Mission to Democratize Access to Coaching and Build More Self-Aware Leaders on Next Wave Leadership
Sponsor for this episode…
Founded by Dov Pollack, Next Wave Leadership is an executive coaching firm focused on helping CEOs, executives, and emerging leaders to deepen their executive presence, differentiate their voice, and embrace the plot and promise of their story.