Bill Roth is the Director of Cloud Economics at VMware and has over 30 years of experience in the enterprise software industry. He has also worked as a technical evangelist, operating executive, and journalist in addition to running product management organizations and holding CMO positions for startups.
During his career, Bill has worked for several startups and bigger companies alike, including BEA Systems, Sun Microsystems, and Morgan Stanley.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Dov Pollack introduces his guest, Bill Roth from VMware
- Bill shares how he got started in product marketing
- The relationship between community organizing and leadership
- How do you help people grow?
- Bill talks about a meaningful piece of feedback that he received
- The influence that Bill’s faith has on his approach to leadership
- How do you infuse your personal values into your organization?
- Bill discusses how to approach status issues in the workplace
- Gaining perspective in times of stress
- The mentors who have impacted Bill throughout his life
In this episode…
A leader’s main focus is to help the people around them become better individuals. Bill Roth, the Director of Cloud Economics at VMware, believes that a leader has to be transparent, vulnerable, and humble to inspire a culture of growth. In this episode of the Next Wave Leadership Podcast, Bill discusses how your personal values can empower your team and create products that improve other people’s lives.
You’ll hear about Bill’s experience with community organizing and how this process is similar to the ways leaders build their teams. Additionally, you’ll discover how to establish a work environment where both individuals and leaders can give and receive constructive feedback. Bill also shares the impact that his faith has on his personal and professional life.
Join Dov Pollack in this episode of the Next Wave Leadership Podcast as he talks to Bill Roth from VMware about his knowledge of product marketing and cloud economics. Bill also provides his insights into putting your ego aside to build honest relationships, welcoming the positive opportunities that come from negative situations, and employing your personal values to create good within your organization. Learn more about Bill and his experience in the resources section below.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Bill Roth on LinkedIn
- Jenny Coupe on LinkedIn
- Rules for Radicals by Saul D. Alinsky
- The Hardest Job in the World by John Dickerson
- Peter Drucker
- Colleen Gaffney
- Dov Pollack on LinkedIn
- Next Wave Leadership
- Dov’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org