Chris Calvosa is the Vice President of Global Sales and Institutional Partnerships at VisionSpring, leading all sales and business development activities. Currently, he manages teams in seven countries to help provide affordable eyeglasses and optical accessories to people throughout the world. Chris has over 20 years of experience in sales, marketing, branding, and business development, and has led teams to deliver brand growth, surpass revenue targets, and achieve strategic goals.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Chris Calvosa, the Vice President of Global Sales and Institutional Partnerships at VisionSpring, talks about a mentor who influenced him early in his career
- The importance of saying “no”
- Chris shares the values that are most important to him as a leader
- What inspired Chris’ approach to leadership?
- The difference between giving advice and sharing your experience
- How do you stay connected with your teams during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Chris shares his greatest strengths
- The people who have helped Chris reach his current success
In this episode…
A leader’s role is to develop their teams and encourage them to reach their full potential. Chris Calvosa, the Vice President of Global Sales and Institutional Partnerships at VisionSpring, knows that the key to getting strong efforts from his team members is by building a culture of respect.
Today, Chris talks about his early career experience and personal path to leadership. He opens up about working in a negative environment and how it influenced his beliefs as a leader. You’ll also hear about Chris’ current role leading teams in seven countries and the ways his company has pivoted during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Join Chris Calvosa, the Vice President of Global Sales and Institutional Partnerships at VisionSpring, and Dov Pollack in this episode of the Next Wave Leadership Podcast. Chris shares his experience working as an international leader and how he cultivates a culture of respect with his team. He also talks about how he defines failure, shares his approach to giving feedback, and provides his insights into staying disciplined.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Chris Calvosa on LinkedIn
- Dov Pollack on LinkedIn
- Next Wave Leadership
- Dov’s email: email@example.com