Tim Kelley is the Founder of True Purpose Institute, a coaching program designed to help change agents and leaders of mission-based organizations redesign and transform society. Tim has trained more than a thousand consultants, therapists, and coaches in his methods, and has worked with hundreds of CEOs and top teams from companies like Nabisco, AOL, Oracle, and more.
Tim is the Author of True Purpose: 12 Strategies for Discovering the Difference You Were Meant to Make, as well as the best-selling co-author of three other books.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Tim Kelley discusses why humanity needs a “software upgrade”
- How Tim launched his career in Silicon Valley after earning a degree from MIT—and why he didn’t stick around for long
- The importance of searching for meaning and well-being in life instead of the emotional experience of “happiness”
- Why Tim started his own company after realizing the tech industry’s bias against non-technical careers
- Why focusing on a higher purpose—instead of money—can be a profitable strategy in your business
- Tim reveals what his background as a Commanding Officer in the US Navy taught him about the nature of leadership
- The difficulty of effective decision-making as a leader—and how to make decisions that people actually follow
- America’s impact on worldwide innovation and transformation
In this episode…
Do you want to know the best-kept secrets to effective organizational leadership and increase your company’s profits while you’re at it? Well, you’re in the right place!
Learning how to maintain a growth-oriented mindset as a leader is incredibly difficult. How can you continually find ways to better yourself and your team while juggling all of the stresses of daily life? According to Tim Kelley, the secret to becoming the kind of leader you’ve always wanted to be is this: find a higher purpose. When you devote yourself to searching for deeper meaning—instead of money or power—in your personal and professional life, you might be surprised by what you find. Today, Tim is here to share more about this life-changing strategy as he recalls his storied experience, and you don’t want to miss a minute of it.
In this episode of the Next Wave Leadership Podcast, Tim Kelley, Founder of True Purpose Institute, sits down with Dov Pollack to discuss how to become a leader that transforms society. Listen in as Tim reveals how to pursue well-being instead of happiness, increase your profits without obsessing over money, and make trustworthy decisions that people actually follow. Stay tuned for more!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Tim Kelley on LinkedIn
- True Purpose Institute
- Dov Pollack on LinkedIn
- Next Wave Leadership
- Dov’s email: email@example.com
- Martin E.P. Seligman
- “The Social Responsibility Of Business Is to Increase Its Profits” by Milton Friedman
- “Leadership Opportunities in Healthcare in a Time of Covid” with Dr. Vivek Moitra
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Next Wave Leadership.
Founded by Dov Pollack, Next Wave Leadership is an executive coaching firm focused on helping CEOs, executives and emerging leaders overcome their limiting beliefs which is an essential part of creating a growth mindset culture.
If you are looking to grow as a leader and create a vibrant and innovative culture in your organization, Next Wave Leadership can help you get the results you want and need.