Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Brenda Castillo-Garza discusses MidPen Housing Corporation’s mission and her role within the organization
- Brenda talks about her childhood and how it influenced her career path
- How do you deal with imposter syndrome?
- The mentor who played an important role for Brenda in her leadership journey
- Brenda discusses her leadership values
- Lessons you can learn from your negative feedback
- How do you encourage vulnerability within the workplace?
- Adapting to remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Brenda talks about the people who have impacted her throughout her life
In this episode…
An important aspect of leadership is building relationships based on trust. Brenda Castillo-Garza, the Regional Director at MidPen Housing Corporation, believes that leveling the playing field and connecting with her team members individually creates a safe space where people can experience continued growth.
In her conversation with Dov, you’ll hear about finding your voice, practicing effective leadership, and what adjusting your vision of mentorship and coaching looks like. Brenda also tells a story about a negative interaction she had with a college counselor and how that experience paved the way for her future.
Join Brenda Castillo-Garza from MidPen Housing Corporation and Dov Pollack in this episode of the Next Wave Leadership Podcast. Brenda shares her experience as a Mexican-American woman in the corporate world and the obstacles she’s had to overcome. She also provides insight on dealing with your inner critic, growing from negative feedback, and how she’s continued to develop her team during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more about Brenda and her leadership experience in the resources section below.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Brenda Castillo-Garza on LinkedIn
- MidPen Housing Corporation
- Dov Pollack on LinkedIn
- Next Wave Leadership
- Dov’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org