Katrina Noelle is a speaker, mentor, and the President of KNow Research. It is a full-service consultancy that offers comprehensive research from a female-driven staff. She started the service in 2003 with a methodology that blends in-person research and mobile approaches.
More recently, Katrina co-founded Scoot Insights, which helps decision-makers choose the right direction. She is a mentor at WBENC and Women in Research, helping the next generation of women find their footing.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Katrina Noelle started in marketing and why she didn’t stay there
- The pervasive blind spots in the business world and how to make inclusive insights
- The origins and values of KNow Research
- Creating an honest and open environment for accurate research
- Katrina’s lessons in leadership as a woman
- Finding the intersection between stories and data
- The boutique approach and handling the growth of a company
- Why it’s so important to be authentically curious
In this episode…
What does it mean to be insightful in the business world?
Every business collects and reviews data in the hopes of growing. It’s essential to be self-aware, both to double-down on strengths and to fix issues. The difficult part is accurately collecting those insights and knowing how to translate them into an actionable strategy. It’s easier said than done, but the difference it makes in your business can be night and day.
Katrina Noelle has spent her entire career in this field. Her business, KNow Research, uses its research design to find meaningful insights for clients. She has developed and honed her craft over the years and has learned some valuable lessons along the way. Now, she shares some of them with you.
Dov Pollack hosts Katrina Noelle, the Founder and President of KNow Research, on this episode of Next Wave Leadership to talk about the research process and her insights into being a leader. The two walk through the blind spots in the business world and how to cultivate authentic research from people. They then go into depth on other subjects such as genuine curiosity, knowing when to scale, and what Katrina learned from being a woman in business.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- KNow Research
- Katrina Noelle on LinkedIn
- Dov Pollack on LinkedIn
- Next Wave Leadership
- Dov’s email: email@example.com
- Lucy Basta, the Co-Founder of WorkWell: On Why Soft Skills Are Essential, How Communities Build Great Leaders, and the Importance of Speaking in Your Own Voice
- Coco Brown, CEO of The Athena Alliance: On Outgrowing the Pink Ghetto, Creating Digital Critical Mass, and the Importance of Including Women in the Boardroom
- Umran Beba, the Former Chief Diversity Officer at PepsiCo & Current Partner at August Leadership: On How Large Organizations Can Win Hearts and Minds, Making Senior Leadership More Visible, & Advice for Those Just Starting Out
- Michael Gelb, Best-Selling Author of How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci: On Rethinking the Fundamental Purpose of Business, the Evolution of Consciousness, and the First Goal of Executive Coaching
Sponsor for this episode…
Founded by Dov Pollack, Next Wave Leadership is an executive coaching firm focused on helping CEOs, executives, and emerging leaders to deepen their executive presence, differentiate their voice, and embrace the plot and promise of their story.