Shiva Dustdar is the Head of the Innovation Finance Advisory Division at European Investment Bank, the European Union’s investment bank and one of the largest international lenders in the world. Shiva has worked at European Investment Bank for almost 20 years and has held positions in the risk management, lending directorate, and advisory services departments.
Before her work at European Investment Bank, Shiva served as the Director of High Yield at Fitch Ratings, one of the “big three” credit rating agencies in the United States.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Shiva Dustdar breaks down her unique metaphor for reassessing personal and corporate value systems
- The current trends in the EU’s investments: climate, technology, and more
- How does Shiva champion innovation in her role at European Investment Bank?
- Shiva talks about the formative experiences that shaped her perspective on belonging and identity
- How Shiva developed — and evolved — her leadership style
- The key to dealing with failure as a leader: prioritizing a growth-oriented mindset
- Shiva’s tips and tricks for building a resilient workplace team
- Some of the exciting projects and trends that Shiva is looking forward to
In this episode…
Are you looking for strategies to help you evolve as a leader? Do you want to create teams that are forward-focused and initiate lasting change?
It is easy to feel stuck in your strategy, ambitions, or values as a leader. However, Newton’s notorious first law of motion holds an important reminder for determined leaders and teams everywhere: an object at rest will stay at rest, but an object in motion will stay in motion. In other words, continual growth leads to more growth down the road — while consistent stagnation can lead to full-blown crises and roadblocks. So, how can you champion a culture of innovation and growth in both your personal and professional life while avoiding harmful setbacks in your workplace?
In this episode of Next Wave Leadership, Shiva Dustdar, the Head of the Innovation Finance Advisory Division at European Investment Bank, sits down with Dov Pollack to discuss the importance of innovation in the finance industry and beyond. Listen in as Shiva talks about rethinking your value system, evolving the financial and investment industries, and using failure to your advantage as a leader. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Shiva Dustdar on LinkedIn
- European Investment Bank
- Dov Pollack on LinkedIn
- Next Wave Leadership
- Dov’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kristin Engvig on LinkedIn
- “Kristin Engvig: On Ushering in an Era of Authentic Leadership Where Feminine Values Are Embodied and Our Global Interconnectedness Is Prized” on Next Wave Leadership
Sponsor for this episode…
If you are a leader who is looking to differentiate your voice, own your story, and choose your path with purpose. Next Wave Leadership can help you get the results you want and need.